ROANOKE RAPIDS, N.C. (WNCN) – A 27-year-old man is dead after he was shot while in his vehicle early Monday morning, Roanoke Rapids police said.
Chris Monger, of Hertford County was found dead from a gunshot wound to his “upper torso,” police said.
Officers were called to the area of Hinson Street near Creekside Court just before 2:30 a.m. in reference to a homicide.
Responding officers found Monger dead.
No other information was released.
The Roanoke Rapids Police Department continues to investigate and asks anyone with information to contact the Roanoke Rapids Police Department at 252-533-2810 or Halifax County Crime Stoppers at 252-583-4444.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Protests and activism in the social media era
- Blue Lights College teaches policing with compassion during time of unrest
- Virginia governor to announce removal of Lee statue
- After 103 years, Rocky Mount’s Confederate monument will be removed
- Drew Brees says he will ‘never agree’ with players kneeling during national anthem