ROANOKE RAPIDS, N.C. (WNCN) – A 27-year-old man is dead after he was shot while in his vehicle early Monday morning, Roanoke Rapids police said.
Chris Monger, of Hertford County was found dead from a gunshot wound to his “upper torso,” police said.
Officers were called to the area of Hinson Street near Creekside Court just before 2:30 a.m. in reference to a homicide.
Responding officers found Monger dead.
No other information was released.
The Roanoke Rapids Police Department continues to investigate and asks anyone with information to contact the Roanoke Rapids Police Department at 252-533-2810 or Halifax County Crime Stoppers at 252-583-4444.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Raleigh buildings light up in amber to honor lives lost to COVID-19
- Winning jackpot numbers for Mega Millions are chosen
- Pitt duo combines for 53 points to hold off Blue Devils, 79-73
- Durham city leaders pass nondiscrimination ordinance, includes hair
- Police, parents outraged over camera found inside girls changing room at Tennessee cheer studio