FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fayetteville police said Sunday they had arrested three people after four armed robberies at businesses recently.
Police said two suspects came into Day N Nite just before midnight Tuesday, showed handguns and left with cash.
Two days later, around the same time, police said a suspect came into a Speedway store on Owen Drive, showed a gun and also left with cash.
Then, Saturday morning, within a matter of minutes, two Circle K stores on Owen Drive were robbed.
Officers said a suspect went to a clerk with items as if he was going to buy them, but then took out a gun and demanded money.
In both cases, the suspect left with cash and drove away in what appears to be a red Toyota Corolla.
On Sunday, police announced the arrest of Tiqual T. Washington, 16, Dave L. Green, 22, and Markal D. Bates, 25.
All three are charged with various counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon, possession of stolen goods, and conspiracy.
Green is being Cumberland County Detention Center on a $300,000 secured bond. Washington is being held on a $250,000 bond and Bates is held on a $150,000 bond.
- Hate crime charge added in attack on gay teen during Grindr meeting
- UCLA gymnast Nia Dennis celebrates ‘Black Excellence’ in floor routine that went viral
- NC man enters plea in deadly crash into restaurant, killing 2
- Target employees to receive $500-plus pandemic bonus
- 1 arrested, 1 sought in connection with murder of South Carolina teacher