WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (WGHP) — Three children were seriously injured when they were hit by a car in Winston-Salem, according to police.
At about 11:39 p.m. Sunday night, officers responded to a crash on the 5100 block of North Cherry Street after three children suffered serious injuries after they were hit by a car.
Police believe the children were leaving a party in the area and were walking across the road to get into a waiting vehicle.
A 2010 Honda passenger car driving southwest hit the children while they were in the road.
All three of the children were taken to local medical facilities for treatment.
Police have not released the ages of the children, just that they were younger than 18 years old.
No charges have been announced as of Monday morning.
Police say alcohol and speed do not appear to be factors.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Winston-Salem Police Department at (336) 773-7700 or Crime Stoppers at (336) 727-2800.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Harnett County teachers, students adapting to return to classrooms
- Worldwide death toll from coronavirus eclipses 1 million
- Investigators finish probe into Rayshard Brooks’ shooting
- NC man charged with murder in girlfriend’s stabbing death, police say
- NC woman who was a 911 operator for 3 decades wins $100,000 Powerball prize