WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) – Police have accused a woman of setting a house fire while her mother was inside and killing four animals at the home.
The Winston-Salem Journal reports police filed several charges against 33-year-old Ella Lynn Richardson, including first-degree arson and attempted first-degree murder.
Warrants say Richardson set fire to a room on July 24 that 69-year-old Ella Cottrell Richardson was in at the time, and killed three dogs and a parrot.
According to police, Ella Lynn Richardson and her mother suffered serious injuries were taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Investigators said Ella Lynn Richardson set fire to sections of the Ginger Drive house following a dispute with her mother.
Ella Lynn Richardson, who was arrested on Tuesday, is jailed on a $55,000 bond. It’s not known if she has an attorney.
- 4 face child neglect charges after 7 children found in ‘deplorable’ conditions, SC deputies say
- Greensboro police seek help identifying woman who robbed bank
- With no big winner Friday, Mega Millions prize jumps to $850 million
- Fight leads to gunfire inside Greenville Mall
- Goodwin, Notre Dame hold off Boston College 80-70