WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) – New Hanover County deputies have arrested two people after raiding multiple properties in the Cape Fear region.
A press release from the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office notes Latwon James and Shemika Bannerman were arrested Wednesday following a three-month drug investigation.
Investigators conducted multiple undercover drug buys from James to learn his patterns after being tipped off that he could be connected to the trafficking heroin in New Hanover County. James had been convicted of federal drug crimes in the past and was on federal probation when he was arrested.
After arresting James, they served search warrants on properties on Frog Pond Place, Meadowview, Anderson Street, and Nunn Street.
Deputies took 200 bags of heroin, 3 grams of crack cocaine, and cash from Nunn Street. An additional 1,000 bags of heroin were seized from the Meadowview property. Marijuana was found in the two other properties searched.
James faces multiple felony charges and is in the New Hanover County Detention Facility under a $6,000,000 bond.
Bannerman is facing several felony drug charges and is in the New Hanover County Detention Facility under an $805,000 secure bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Fan seriously injured in assault after Luke Bryan concert, Raleigh police say
- Person of interest has ‘key information’ in death of Holly Springs mom, police say
- ‘Stop Celebrating Genocide’: Vandals target Providence Christopher Columbus statue
- Orange juice refills lead to customers assaulting NC IHOP employees, police say
- 7-year-old suffers skull fracture as Cary woman crashes while driving impaired, court docs say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now
Copyright 2019 WECT. All rights reserved.