SANFORD, N.C. (WNCN) — Three people were injured in a shooting outside a home in Sanford Saturday night, police say.
The incident was reported just before 8:40 p.m. in the 400 block of Goldsboro Avenue, according to a news release from Sanford police.
When they arrived, police were told three victims were taken to a hospital in personal vehicles. Police then went to Central Carolina Hospital and found the three injured men.
The victims, ages 24, 46 and 63, all of Sanford, were wounded, police said.
“All three victims sustained gunshot wounds while in the yard on private property, at the residence located at 428 Goldsboro Ave.,” the news release said.
The youngest victim was treated and released, while the other two men were taken to UNC Chapel Hill Hospital for additional treatment, police said.
The two older men were listed as stable late Saturday night, police said.
There was no word about suspects.
Anyone with information about the shooting is urged to contact the Sanford Police Department at (919) 777-1051.
- VIDEO: Some masks, but little social distancing seen at return of SC college football
- Arrests made, damage seen amid protests in downtown Raleigh
- Multi-agency search and rescue finds lost woman at NC coast
- Trump campaign, GOP sue to block NC mail-in ballot rule changes
- Virginia rallies past winless Duke, 38-20
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now