SPRING LAKE, N.C. (WNCN) – A 36-year-old pedestrian was struck and killed by a vehicle Wednesday night on Lillington Highway in Spring Lake, police said.
Just before 10 p.m., Shawn Chalmers was standing in the middle of the highway in the 1400 block when a northbound vehicle moved to the center lane to make a left turn and plowed into Chalmers.
Chalmers died at the scene, police said.
No charges have been filed at this time.
The incident remains under investigation.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Traffic Alert: Chapel Hill Road to close in
- Wake County nonprofit’s funding issues could keep local spellers from making it to national bee
- Humberto approaching Bermuda, Jerry forms in the Atlantic
- NC mom says Scarowinds is ‘unsafe’ after 3 fights break out in park
- Camp Lejeune service member, woman charged with LSD trafficking