SPRING LAKE, N.C. (WNCN) – A 36-year-old pedestrian was struck and killed by a vehicle Wednesday night on Lillington Highway in Spring Lake, police said.
Just before 10 p.m., Shawn Chalmers was standing in the middle of the highway in the 1400 block when a northbound vehicle moved to the center lane to make a left turn and plowed into Chalmers.
Chalmers died at the scene, police said.
No charges have been filed at this time.
The incident remains under investigation.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘There’s going to be justice done’: Ry-Con victims speak out after company president indicted
- CBS News poll: SC debate watchers most impressed by Sanders and Biden
- NC restaurant co-owner says he didn’t write racially-charged posts online
- Triangle businesses feel impacts of coronavirus spread; schools have plan prepared
- Alvarado has 19 points as Georgia Tech tops Clemson, 68-59