PHILADELPHIA, Tenn. (WCMH) — Students at a Tennessee elementary school came together to surprise a classmate who lost all his toys in a house fire.
A post by Philadelphia Elementary School, shared the great moment Daniel Hunt learned how much he meant to his classmates.
Daniel lost all of his belongings in a house fire two weeks ago.
So, Daniel’s third grade classmates held a secret toy drive to replace all the ones he lost in the fire.
Photos shared on the Facebook post show Daniel being surprised by the toys and then being swarmed in a giant hug by his classmates.
“This is certainly one of the #37846Reasons we love PES!” the post reads.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Johnston County parents concerned about mold, rot in classroom trailers
- Group to display ‘graphic pictures of aborted children’ in Wake Forest, town says
- How much should employers accommodate pregnant workers? Lawmakers discuss
- NC license plate agency customers question $5 cash notary fee
- Police: 2 suspect break into home, assault man before stealing property
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now