LAKE CITY, S.C. (WBTW) – Investigators have charged four men with attempted murder in what they believe is a “gang-related” incident.
According to the Florence County Sheriff’s Office, one of four men in a gold Ford Freestyle shot into a vehicle parked on Redus Bar Street with two people inside. Numerous bullet holes were found in the vehicle.
One of the occupants returned fire, and the Ford Freestyle with the four men inside ran into a ditch, investigators said. Also, one bullet struck a home on Redus Barr Street.
No injuries were reported in the shootings. The incident happened on Monday.
These four men have been charged with two counts of attempted murder and criminal conspiracy:
- Shi’quan Angelo Graham, 19, of Scranton, SC
- Kieonte Kyreese Cockfield, 20, of Lake City.
- Tavion Taquelle Lyde, 19, of Lake City.
- Terron Martin Brown, Jr.,18, of Lake City.
All four suspects have been denied bond.
“We will not allow our streets to be turned over to the criminal gangs,” Sheriff Billy Barnes stated. “Wherever we find this type of senseless violence we will prosecute it to the fullest extent of the law.”
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 12 arrested after downtown Raleigh protest declared ‘unlawful assembly’ by police Sunday night
- Campbell women’s soccer takes conference title, learns Monday their foe in NCAA Tournament
- Triangle doctors discuss rare clots found in handful of J&J COVID-19 vaccine recipients
- NASA’s Mars helicopter is set to take history-making flight Monday. Here’s how to watch it
- NC women takeing classes to protect themselves after sexual assault and violence