RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A young girl was hit twice by gunfire in a shooting in Raleigh Sunday evening.
The incident happened around 8:15 p.m. in the 3800 block of Herndon Village Way, near Cross Link and Garner roads , according to Raleigh police.
The victim, a 7-year-old girl, was wounded in her back and an arm during the shooting, police said.
The girl was outside when the shooting occurred. She was rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Police said her injuries are serious, but do not appear to be life-threatening.
This was the second shooting in Raleigh within hours on Sunday. The first shooting wounded a man and happened around 3:20 p.m. in the 2400 block of Milburnie Road, according to Raleigh police.
No other details were released by police.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- As Derek Chauvin verdict looms, Triangle faith leader and activists say anxiety grows
- Driver sentenced to 30 years in prison in deadly chase that killed NC woman
- ‘I almost lost my wife’ – Man recalls having truck carjacked from Raleigh mall, then flipped in crash
- No COVID-19 vaccine side effects, no problem, says UNC doctor
- Former Columbus County police chief arrested on 73 charges related to evidence tampering, drug trafficking