GREENVILLE, S.C. (WSPA) – A Greenville massage therapist has been accused of inappropriately touching several women.
Greenville Police said Anthony “Tony” Joseph Ruggiero, 70, was arrested on September 20 for inappropriately touching women on three separate occasions at the Trade Street Massage, located at 210 W. Stone Avenue. The visits happened between December 2018 and June 2019, police said.
Since Ruggiero’s arrest, police said five additional women have reported he provided services that involved inappropriate contact. Their visits happened between 2011 and June 2019.
Ruggiero was arrested again on Tuesday and charged with five new counts of second degree assault and battery. He was originally charged with three counts of second degree assault and battery.
He was booked into the Greenville County Detention Center on a $25,000 personal recognizance bond, according to the police department.
Investigators notified the South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation as well as the City of Greenville Revenue and Business License Division of the charges.
- Boy taken to hospital following shooting in Durham, police say
- Biden reacts to death of Justice Ginsburg, rejects quick vote on her successor
- Can a Supreme Court vacancy be filled during election year?
- 5 hospitalized after crash that closed U.S. 401 in Franklin County
- McConnell says he plans to push forward with Trump Supreme Court nominee
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now