GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) – An 82-year-old Beaufort County man has been charged with child sex crimes in Pitt County, deputies said.
On Wednesday, detectives from the Pitt County Sheriff’s Office arrested Edwin Lee Nobles of Beaufort County.
Nobles was transported to the Pitt County Detention Center where he was charged with three counts of felony first-degree statutory sex offense involving a child under the age of 13.
He is being held under a $1.5 million bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Bill that would allow NC gyms to reopen passes Senate committee
- Prosecutors describe racist slur as Ahmaud Arbery lay dying
- WATCH LIVE: George Floyd memorial service in Minneapolis
- CBS 17 Job Alert – Burney’s Sweets, Panera Bread are hiring
- Tracking the Tropics: Cristobal weakens to tropical depression before move back to Gulf