GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) – An 82-year-old Beaufort County man has been charged with child sex crimes in Pitt County, deputies said.
On Wednesday, detectives from the Pitt County Sheriff’s Office arrested Edwin Lee Nobles of Beaufort County.
Nobles was transported to the Pitt County Detention Center where he was charged with three counts of felony first-degree statutory sex offense involving a child under the age of 13.
He is being held under a $1.5 million bond.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Johnston County parents concerned about mold, rot in classroom trailers
- Group to display ‘graphic pictures of aborted children’ in Wake Forest, town says
- How much should employers accommodate pregnant workers? Lawmakers discuss
- NC license plate agency customers question $5 cash notary fee
- Police: 2 suspect break into home, assault man before stealing property