SMITHFIELD, N.C. (WNCN) – An 85-year-old woman died after being hit by a car in Smithfield, police said Wednesday.
Officers responded to 721 N. Brightleaf Blvd. just before noon Wednesday in reference to a motor vehicle collision involving a pedestrian. The victim, identified as Holda Phillips, of Selma, was walking through the parking lot when she was struck by a GMC Sierra truck, police said.
Phillips died at the scene.
The truck was driven by 82-year-old John Hendricks, of Souderton, Pennsylvania. He is charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle. He was given a $5,000 bond and is due in court on Nov. 25.
No other information was released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- FBI worker’s death in NC mountains is called ‘suspicious’
- Changes to Green Beret course draw scrutiny as troops are tested in NC woods
- Woman killed in her home as police fire through window, family seeks answers
- 10-year-old girl dies after she’s ‘ejected’ from fair ride in New Jersey
- 3-year-old girl kidnapped from birthday party, Amber Alert issued
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now