SMITHFIELD, N.C. (WNCN) – An 85-year-old woman died after being hit by a car in Smithfield, police said Wednesday.
Officers responded to 721 N. Brightleaf Blvd. just before noon Wednesday in reference to a motor vehicle collision involving a pedestrian. The victim, identified as Holda Phillips, of Selma, was walking through the parking lot when she was struck by a GMC Sierra truck, police said.
Phillips died at the scene.
The truck was driven by 82-year-old John Hendricks, of Souderton, Pennsylvania. He is charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle. He was given a $5,000 bond and is due in court on Nov. 25.
No other information was released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Some Raleigh protesters appreciate show of respect from police; others say it’s not enough
- Nominate a Frontline hero for a free roof from Ridge Valley Exteriors
- Officials: Man in Joker mask charged after setting Chicago cop car on fire
- Save money on your utilities with Sigora Solar
- Tuesday, June 2nd : Save money each month with solar power, Nominate a frontline worker for a FREE roof
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now