SPRINGFIELD, S.C. (WSAV) – A nine-year-old boy died after his father accidentally shot him while hunting.
Colton Williams was out rabbit hunting with his father and a family friend on Thanksgiving when his dad accidentally shot him, according to family members. The group was hunting in Orangeburg County.
Colton was a fourth-grade student at Kelly Edwards Elementary School in Williston.
The Williston School District says counselors will be at the school on Monday and will be available throughout the week, or longer, if needed.
- 90-year-old Florida man hits hole-in-one
- Man charged with rape after 13-year-old girl taken from Nashville Walmart
- California governor signs law prompted by photo scandal in Kobe Bryant helicopter crash
- Titans suspend team activities after multiple players, staffers test positive for COVID-19
- Analysis: Team meeting helped Panthers bond, record 1st win
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now