SPRINGFIELD, S.C. (WSAV) – A nine-year-old boy died after his father accidentally shot him while hunting.
Colton Williams was out rabbit hunting with his father and a family friend on Thanksgiving when his dad accidentally shot him, according to family members. The group was hunting in Orangeburg County.
Colton was a fourth-grade student at Kelly Edwards Elementary School in Williston.
The Williston School District says counselors will be at the school on Monday and will be available throughout the week, or longer, if needed.
- Reporter groped on live television by man running in race she was covering
- Miss South Africa crowned 2019 Miss Universe; Host Steve Harvey involved in another flub
- The next full moon occurs on 12/12 at 12:12 a.m.
- Deli turns into drop-off spot for hundreds of letters to Santa – and owner replies to all of them
- YouTube videos show man pointing guns out hotel window, man calls it ‘art project’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now