(KRON/WNCN) – Actor Idris Elba announced Monday he has tested positive for coronavirus.
In a Twitter video, Elba updates his fans and says so far he is not exhibiting any symptoms.
He also urges people to heed the warning from officials and stay home.
“This morning I tested positive for Covid 19. I feel ok, I have no symptoms so far but have been isolated since I found out about my possible exposure to the virus. Stay home people and be pragmatic. I will keep you updated on how I’m doing No panic.”
The 47-year-old English actor broke the news on Twitter saying he had been in isolation since he was possibly exposed to the virus.
“No panic,” he tweeted.
Elba was at an event on March 4 in London with Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, the wife of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
She tested positive for the coronavirus after speaking at the event.
Last week actor Tom Hanks and his wife Rita announced they had tested positive for coronavirus and were being treated in Australia.
- Man mauled after paying for ‘full-contact’ leopard experience in Florida
- Some NC voters say they support November 12 absentee deadline
- 22-month-old NC boy shot while in minivan
- 8-year-old girl dies after being shot while doing homework
- Lil Wayne gets backlash after showing support for Trump
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now