ATLANTA (AP) – Offers are pouring in from around the country to adopt a baby girl left in a plastic bag in the woods in Georgia as a newborn.
News outlets report that hundreds of people have offered to adopt the girl, nicknamed Baby India by hospital workers.
She was found June 6, abandoned in a wooded area in Cumming, Georgia, about 35 miles north of Atlanta.
She’s even gotten people offering to pay for her college, the Georgia Division of Family and Children Services says.
The little girl’s case garnered national attention following the release of dramatic video this week from the Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office showing her rescue.
The footage was released in the hopes that it could lead to tips about who may have abandoned the girl.
- Tornadoes damage Florida homes as Nestor moves ashore
- ‘Great-Granddaddy’ of UNC Athletics dies at age 99
- Hundreds of protesters face off in Pittsboro over pro-Confederate monument, heritage gathering
- ‘Most ridiculous thing ever’: Officials split building in two to solve property dispute
- Buying a beer in Virginia? You may be unknowingly donating to a campaign
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now