(WTVO) — Sanitary product manufacturer Always is removing the Venus symbol from its products, in an effort to be inclusive toward transgender and “non-binary” customers.
According to CNN, transgender activists argued that not all people who menstruate are women, and not all women menstruate.
The move by Proctor & Gamble joins similar actions by Lyft, Mastercard and Tinder to affirm the chosen identities of transgender people, as transgender equality activism sweeps the nation.
“For over 35 years Always has championed girls and women, and we will continue to do so,” Proctor & Gamble said in a statement. “We’re also committed to diversity & inclusion and are on a continual journey to understand the needs of all of our consumers.”
- Tepper says no decision yet on future of QB Cam Newton
- Franklin County animal advocates take concerns about shelter to commissioners
- Interim chancellor: Report detailing UNC’s crime response, reporting is ‘extremely concerning’
- NC receiving funds to elevate I-95 after repeated flooding
- Habitual felon escapes prison work release assignment in Durham
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now