(WTVO) — Sanitary product manufacturer Always is removing the Venus symbol from its products, in an effort to be inclusive toward transgender and “non-binary” customers.
According to CNN, transgender activists argued that not all people who menstruate are women, and not all women menstruate.
The move by Proctor & Gamble joins similar actions by Lyft, Mastercard and Tinder to affirm the chosen identities of transgender people, as transgender equality activism sweeps the nation.
“For over 35 years Always has championed girls and women, and we will continue to do so,” Proctor & Gamble said in a statement. “We’re also committed to diversity & inclusion and are on a continual journey to understand the needs of all of our consumers.”
- Lawmakers call on Trump Administration to do more about Russian meddling in election
- Lawmakers push federal bill that would fight rise in maternal mortality
- House passes sweeping anti-vaping legislation
- 3 men accused kidnapping teen from Texas flea market, gang-raping her
- Funeral planned after family of 5 killed in I-95 head-on crash in Georgia
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now