FUQUAY-VARINA, N.C. (WNCN) – A 33-year-old Apex man faces felony charges for following a woman into a bathroom at a bar and sexually assaulting her, Fuquay-Varina police said.
Fuquay-Varina police said a 21-year-old woman reported that Brendan Scott Paez followed her into the bathroom at Triple Barrell Tavern, prevented her from leaving, and sexually assaulted her.
Paez was an off-duty employee at the bar, police said.
The incident happened Aug. 6 at about 1:30 a.m.
Paez is charged with kidnapping and second-degree forcible rape. He is being held at the Wake County Detention Center under a $350,000 bond.
Note: A previous version of this story said the victim was under the age of 16, according to arrest warrants. Fuquay Varina Police Chief Laura Fahnestock reached out to CBS 17 to clarify that the victim was 21 years old and that there was an error in the warrant.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 77-year-old man killed in shooting as ‘disturbance’ reported in Fayetteville
- Raleigh barbershop, damaged after protests, becomes place to talk about racial inequality
- Pastors lead peaceful march in Raleigh, seeking change after George Floyd’s death
- NC family, friends and officials speak at George Floyd memorial service in Raeford
- Red Cross helping 3 displaced residents after Raleigh home damaged by fire
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now