HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. (AP) – Authorities in South Carolina say a girl brought two kitchen knives to her elementary school and threatened to kill a boy who had a crush on another girl.
Citing a Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office report, The Island Packet reports the knives were found in the girl’s backpack last week by administrators at the Hilton Head Island School for the Creative Arts.
The report says a student told a second-grade teacher the girl had a knife and had said she planned to kill a boy who liked another girl.
A search of the girl’s backpack then uncovered two blades, each about 4 inches long.
The report says the girl told administrators that she packed the knives the night before because “she was thinking about being mean to someone.”
- FBI worker’s death in NC mountains is called ‘suspicious’
- Changes to Green Beret course draw scrutiny as troops are tested in NC woods
- Woman killed in her home as police fire through window, family seeks answers
- 10-year-old girl dies after she’s ‘ejected’ from fair ride in New Jersey
- 3-year-old girl kidnapped from birthday party, Amber Alert issued
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now