HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. (AP) – Authorities in South Carolina say a girl brought two kitchen knives to her elementary school and threatened to kill a boy who had a crush on another girl.
Citing a Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office report, The Island Packet reports the knives were found in the girl’s backpack last week by administrators at the Hilton Head Island School for the Creative Arts.
The report says a student told a second-grade teacher the girl had a knife and had said she planned to kill a boy who liked another girl.
A search of the girl’s backpack then uncovered two blades, each about 4 inches long.
The report says the girl told administrators that she packed the knives the night before because “she was thinking about being mean to someone.”
- Officer escorts 8-year-old girl to father-daughter dance after her dad’s death
- NC Rep. Linda Johnson passes away
- Svechnikov, Niederreiter help Hurricanes beat Predators 4-1
- Hot ticket: Private border wall bolsters demand for South Texas riverboat tour
- Sending military-style border units to ‘sanctuary cities’ a White House scare tactic, advocates say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now