FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — The Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office says they are investigating a deadly house fire near Fayetteville Saturday night.
The fire broke out at a home in the 4500 block of Dominion Road, just outside the Fayetteville city limits, said Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Patrice Bogertey.
An arson unit is being brought in to investigate the blaze, according to Bogertey and a fire official with Cumberland Road Fire Department, which responded to the fire.
At least one person died in the fire, Bogertey said.
No other information was released about the fire or the victim.
- Crying on the job? You’re not alone, with 8 in 10 workers shedding tears
- VIDEO: Close call for kayakers as a giant glacier collapse near them
- “It’s doing something good”: 2 women brighten lives of seniors with memory loss
- Police: 9-year-old shot, killed in Durham; 8-year-old wounded
- Florida man who allegedly said he wants to set record and kill 100 people in mass shooting is arrested
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now