FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — The Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office says they are investigating a deadly house fire near Fayetteville Saturday night.
The fire broke out at a home in the 4500 block of Dominion Road, just outside the Fayetteville city limits, said Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Patrice Bogertey.
An arson unit is being brought in to investigate the blaze, according to Bogertey and a fire official with Cumberland Road Fire Department, which responded to the fire.
At least one person died in the fire, Bogertey said.
No other information was released about the fire or the victim.
- New poll shows Bernie Sanders is the front runner in Nevada
- 21 years later, Cumberland County detectives close the case of ‘Baby Michael’
- Pigeons wearing tiny MAGA hats released in downtown Las Vegas
- Lawmakers confident US health officials will contain coronavirus: ‘I think they’re all over this one’
- 2 years later: Parkland students, families in Washington pushing for stronger gun regulation
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now