RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – The week of the North Carolina State Fair has arrived.
Opening day is set for Thursday, Oct. 17 at 12 p.m. and runs through Sunday, Oct. 27. It will remain open for 11 days with plenty of food to taste, entertainment to enjoy, rides and activities.
There are several things new this year: the fair is opening three hours earlier this year, the largest traveling Ferris wheel, Skygazer, is here for the first time standing 155-feet in the air, and fireworks will take place at the pond at gate 8 each night.
Fair-goers can expect a variety of delicious foods as well. There will be more than 200 food vendors to choose from and 29 new foods to taste, many of them are local North Carolina businesses!
At the 2019 media tasting, Tropical Delight from Durham, was voted the best new food this year for its new creation of the tropical delights dole pineapple whip. The North Carolina frozen fruit smoothie business event recently added a gluten free, dairy free, vegan friendly option to its menu.
Click here for a list of the new 2019 fair foods.
- Trump tweets ‘when the looting starts, the shooting starts’. Twitter adds ‘glorifying violence’ warning
- Teens in Florida county must take driving test remotely
- Minneapolis police station torched, other buildings burn amid George Floyd protest
- Hail the size of baseballs pummels Texas city
- Former TV weatherman sentenced to at least 4 years in child porn case
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now