(WNCN) – Grab a cup of tea, curl up or lay out, and read!
August 9th is National Book Lovers Day. It’s the day book lovers are encouraged to pick up a new book or spend the day re-reading an old favorite.
And don’t forget to share the joy of reading with the young people in your life.
The National Day Calendar urges book lovers to, “Inspire them with your favorite novel or find out about the last book they took off the shelf. Read to the littlest of the up and coming readers.”
Be sure to share what you’re reading with CBS 17!
Use #NationalBookLoversDay to post on social media and spread the word.
- VIDEO: Close call for kayakers as a giant glacier collapse near them
- “It’s doing something good”: 2 women brighten lives of seniors with memory loss
- Police: 9-year-old shot, killed in Durham; 8-year-old wounded
- Florida man who allegedly said he wants to set record and kill 100 people in mass shooting is arrested
- Four Loko teases new seltzer with nearly triple the alcohol content of its competitors
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now