PUNTA GORDA, Fla. (AP) — Officials say a Florida woman who pulled a small alligator from her yoga pants during a traffic stop and illegally possessed numerous other wild animals has been sentenced to probation after pleading guilty to four charges.
Florida prosecutors say a Charlotte County sheriff’s deputy stopped a pickup truck in May after it ran a stop sign. The driver, 22-year-old driver Michael Clemons, told the deputy he and his 25-year-old passenger, Ariel Machan-Le Quire, were collecting frogs and snakes under an overpass. He gave the deputy permission to search bags in the truck.
When the deputy found 41 3-stripe turtles in a “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle” backpack, he asked if Machan-Le Quire had anything else. She pulled the 1-foot (0.3-meter) gator from her pants.
Officials say the Clemons case is pending.
- Sheetz, NC’s Wicked Weed Brewing team up for donut-infused beer
- Holiday traditions underway in DC today: White House Christmas Tree, presidential turkeys
- Second stimulus checks: Biden, Democrats push GOP for more virus relief
- Santa Claus is immune to COVID-19, says Dr. Fauci
- Walmart Black Friday: See the deals that start this week