EAST EARL, Pa. (WHTM) – A newlywed couple’s wedding cake was quite the bang for their buck.
Pam McNeal, the cake decorating supervisor at Shady Maple Farm Market in East Earl, crafted the couple a cake in both the shape and size of a deer.
Shady Maple says the bride and groom brought in the antlers and asked them to make a cake to match.
The buck’s head and neck were carved from Styrofoam, but the back part of the deer is all cake — enough for 250 servings.
The deer cake took about 10 hours to create. It was served to the “deerly” beloved after the wedding on Saturday.
Shady Maple shared a photo of the amazing cake on its Facebook page, and that post has been shared nearly 2,000 times since Saturday.
- Durham residents upset after dozens of newly planted trees removed at city’s request
- Purse lost in 1957 found behind school locker 62 years later
- Officer escorts 8-year-old girl to father-daughter dance after her dad’s death
- NC Rep. Linda Johnson passes away
- Svechnikov, Niederreiter help Hurricanes beat Predators 4-1
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now