MORRISVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Residents were forced to evacuate their homes for a short time while police investigated a barricade situation in the 100 block of Walnut Ridge Drive Sunday.
Authorities responded to the area just before 8 a.m. A woman reported her boyfriend came to the home and assaulted her.
The man remained barricaded in the attic area of the home, prompting officers to evacuate adjacent townhomes.
The man surrendered to officers shortly after 9 a.m. and was taken into custody. His name and charges have not yet been released.
- ‘That’s all I have’: Mom pleads for return of infant daughter’s stolen ashes
- South Carolina officials eye single drug for execution plan
- Coronavirus pandemic blamed for rise in violent crimes across the U.S.
- PHOTOS: Where did it come from? Mysterious monolith discovered in remote area of Utah
- Pennsylvania halts alcohol sales in bars, restaurants night before Thanksgiving