MORRISVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Residents were forced to evacuate their homes for a short time while police investigated a barricade situation in the 100 block of Walnut Ridge Drive Sunday.
Authorities responded to the area just before 8 a.m. A woman reported her boyfriend came to the home and assaulted her.
The man remained barricaded in the attic area of the home, prompting officers to evacuate adjacent townhomes.
The man surrendered to officers shortly after 9 a.m. and was taken into custody. His name and charges have not yet been released.
- Campbell women’s soccer takes conference title, learns Monday their foe in NCAA Tournament
- Triangle doctors discuss rare clots found in handful of J&J COVID-19 vaccine recipients
- NASA’s Mars helicopter is set to take history-making flight Monday. Here’s how to watch it
- NC women takeing classes to protect themselves after sexual assault and violence
- Man charged with hit-and-run in Raleigh crash that injured motorcyclist, closed US 1 for hours