MORRISVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Residents were forced to evacuate their homes for a short time while police investigated a barricade situation in the 100 block of Walnut Ridge Drive Sunday.
Authorities responded to the area just before 8 a.m. A woman reported her boyfriend came to the home and assaulted her.
The man remained barricaded in the attic area of the home, prompting officers to evacuate adjacent townhomes.
The man surrendered to officers shortly after 9 a.m. and was taken into custody. His name and charges have not yet been released.
- South Carolina woman drove car into storefront twice over cost of cigarettes, police say
- ‘Meth, I’m on it’: South Dakota commercial kicks off campaign with alarming message
- Mom reacts after a false wall hiding children was found in Colorado daycare
- 2018 was deadliest year of the flu in 40 years, new study finds
- Man pleads guilty to threatening to kill Democrat Ilhan Omar
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now