ANDERSON COUNTY, S.C. (WSPA) – A body has been recovered at Lake Hartwell after a search for a missing boater that started Saturday night.
According to South Carolina Department of Natural Resources officials, the search started Saturday night at about 6 p.m. when a vacant boat was reported on Lake Hartwell.
The boater was reportedly expected to participate in a fishing competition.
Crews continued searching Sunday morning and a body was recovered at about 11:45 a.m., DNR officials said.
That person’s identity has not yet been released by the coroner’s office.
- 2 injured after police officer drives car through crowd of 100 at street race
- NC teen and woman among 4 killed after car crashes into pond in Myrtle Beach
- Flight to Raleigh from Florida hits bird on takeoff; jet returns to gate
- Man injured in daytime shooting in Durham, police say
- Authorities investigate blast at anti-gay California church