ANDERSON COUNTY, S.C. (WSPA) – A body has been recovered at Lake Hartwell after a search for a missing boater that started Saturday night.
According to South Carolina Department of Natural Resources officials, the search started Saturday night at about 6 p.m. when a vacant boat was reported on Lake Hartwell.
The boater was reportedly expected to participate in a fishing competition.
Crews continued searching Sunday morning and a body was recovered at about 11:45 a.m., DNR officials said.
That person’s identity has not yet been released by the coroner’s office.
- Uncertainty surrounds ‘abortion pill’ access and legality after SCOTUS ruling
- East Durham families concerned after rolling gun battle and police shootout at shooting crime scene
- Supreme Court rules in favor of former football coach in public school prayer case
- SC’s Fetal Heartbeat Law in effect following Roe v Wade reversal
- Texas abortion providers sue state to block the state’s pre-Roe laws, banning abortions