ANDERSON COUNTY, S.C. (WSPA) – A body has been recovered at Lake Hartwell after a search for a missing boater that started Saturday night.
According to South Carolina Department of Natural Resources officials, the search started Saturday night at about 6 p.m. when a vacant boat was reported on Lake Hartwell.
The boater was reportedly expected to participate in a fishing competition.
Crews continued searching Sunday morning and a body was recovered at about 11:45 a.m., DNR officials said.
That person’s identity has not yet been released by the coroner’s office.
- NC statewide snow and freezing rain totals
- NC State defeats Virginia 77-63
- NC troopers report 1,600+ wrecks and 3,000 calls for service as winter storm hits state
- Dorothea Dix Park hands out sleds so people of all ages could enjoy the Triangle’s largest snowstorm in years
- Triangle synagogue amps up training, reflects following Texas hostage event last week