NEW YORK (AP) — Police say a 6-year-old child has been hospitalized after being attacked by a stranger on a street in Queens.
It happened in the Kew Gardens neighborhood just before 5 p.m. Thursday.
Police say the child was with his parents when the 35-year-old man picked him up without provocation and threw him to the ground.
The child was hospitalized with a head injury but police say it is not life-threatening.
The man was taken into custody.
- NCDHHS reports lowest daily COVID-19 case number since June 2
- Man says he was discriminated against at casino for bringing a purse
- UNCW suspends fall sports until spring
- Military veterans say racism in the ranks often isn’t camouflaged: ‘It hurt me dearly’
- President Trump tweets support for college football season amid pandemic
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now