NEW YORK (AP) — Police say a 6-year-old child has been hospitalized after being attacked by a stranger on a street in Queens.
It happened in the Kew Gardens neighborhood just before 5 p.m. Thursday.
Police say the child was with his parents when the 35-year-old man picked him up without provocation and threw him to the ground.
The child was hospitalized with a head injury but police say it is not life-threatening.
The man was taken into custody.
- New York City EMT suffers stroke driving ambulance, then colleague who came to help has aneurysm
- Samuel Adams Halloween beer now illegal in 15 states
- 13-year-old reported missing in Cumberland County
- Police: Kentucky man beat sister with pan, killed dad with crossbow
- WATCH: Lady Gaga falls off stage after fan tries to pick her up
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now