NASHVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A special meeting happened Tuesday night in Nash County.
It all started a week ago when 11-year-old Trey Snow’s puppy went missing and Deputy B. Heath, who was off duty, jumped into help after discovering the pup fell down a well.
Trey and his family were panicked and couldn’t reach her. They were afraid she had drowned.
According to the post, the puppy fell down 10-feet deep well.
That’s when Heath happened to drive by and offered help.
Trey, with help from his mom, wrote a Facebook post thanking the sheriff’s office without knowing the deputy’s name.
Trey and Heath will meet Tuesday night.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Protests take to the streets of Raleigh for 6th night
- Roanoke Rapids gym owner charged, fined for opening during pandemic shutdown
- Hundreds gather in solidarity amid candlelight vigil for police brutality in Durham
- Hundreds march in protest of peace and unity walk in Dunn
- VIDEO: Man injured after shoved by police during protest in Buffalo
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now