WASHINGTON, D.C. (WTVO) — Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro is being monitored for possible coronavirus exposure, according to Brazilian newspaper O Estado de S. Paulo.
According to Reuters, Bolsonaro’s communication secretary, Fabio Wajngarten, tested positive for the virus but is awaiting a second test.
Both men visited President Trump at Mar-a-Lago in Florida last week, where they had met to discuss trade, Venezuela, the Middle East, and other issues.
Trump told reporters on Thursday that he was unconcerned with Wajngarten’s diagnosis.
- Tropical Storm Zeta forecast to intensify into hurricane as it enters Gulf
- VP Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
- No. 11 Miami holds off Virginia 19-14, moves to 5-1
- Durham event makes room for more outdoor dining at downtown businesses
- Top Pence aide tests positive for coronavirus, vice president to go forward with Kinston trip, officials say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now