CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WJZY)- A death investigation is underway in northeast Charlotte after a man believed to be the brother of rapper DaBaby died from a gunshot wound.
Around 1:39 p.m., officers responded to 10230 Berkeley Place Drive in reference to an assault with deadly weapon call.
Upon arrival, police found a man, later identified as 34-year-old Glenn Johnson, who had sustained a gunshot wound.
He was taken by Medic to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The incident is currently classified as a death investigation. If foul play is determined to be involved, a subsequent update will be provided by police.
MORE FROM FOX 46 CHARLOTTE
- Virginia state employee put on leave days after raising concerns about racism
- Endangered Child Alert issued for missing East Tennessee 3-year-old girl
- NC sheriff’s deputy shot Thanksgiving night, suspect in custody
- Some NC tree vendors warn of Christmas tree shortage
- Georgia secretary of state blasts President Trump over Georgia elections