CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WJZY)- A death investigation is underway in northeast Charlotte after a man believed to be the brother of rapper DaBaby died from a gunshot wound.
Around 1:39 p.m., officers responded to 10230 Berkeley Place Drive in reference to an assault with deadly weapon call.
Upon arrival, police found a man, later identified as 34-year-old Glenn Johnson, who had sustained a gunshot wound.
He was taken by Medic to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The incident is currently classified as a death investigation. If foul play is determined to be involved, a subsequent update will be provided by police.
MORE FROM FOX 46 CHARLOTTE
- Woman grazed by ‘accidental’ gunshot in LongHorn Steakhouse in Goldsboro, police say
- Families hold vigil in Durham to remember slain relatives, friends
- McCain carries No. 22 Duke past Charlotte as Blue Devils stop 2-game skid
- 1 listed as critical after broad-daylight shooting in Rocky Mount neighborhood
- John Whitmire defeats Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee in Houston mayor’s race