FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A 23-year-old burglary suspect was shot and killed as he attempted to burglarize a Cumberland County home Wednesday evening, the sheriff’s office said.
Just after 8:30 p.m., deputies were called to a home on Snowhill Road where they made contact with a 46-year-old who said two suspects broke into his home.
The 46-year-old was shot during the break-in but returned fire and killed 23-year-old Henry Miller, the sheriff’s office said.
The second suspect left the scene in a car, possibly a white sedan.
If anyone has information about this incident please contact the Homicide Unit at 910-321-6592.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Dance teacher pleads guilty to rape, exposing teen to HIV charges
- The hub for holiday shows this year
- So, your Disney+ account was hacked. Here’s what to do
- Mother found guilty of throwing newborn baby over fence, will spend rest of life in prison
- VIDEO: Doorbell camera captures horrifying moment car slams into teen crossing the street