FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A 23-year-old burglary suspect was shot and killed as he attempted to burglarize a Cumberland County home Wednesday evening, the sheriff’s office said.
Just after 8:30 p.m., deputies were called to a home on Snowhill Road where they made contact with a 46-year-old who said two suspects broke into his home.
The 46-year-old was shot during the break-in but returned fire and killed 23-year-old Henry Miller, the sheriff’s office said.
The second suspect left the scene in a car, possibly a white sedan.
If anyone has information about this incident please contact the Homicide Unit at 910-321-6592.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Supreme Court blocks NY coronavirus limits on houses of worship
- Viral Arkansas police officer on a mission to make a difference
- Stevie Wonder, Celine Dion, Black Eyed Peas to perform in honor of nurses this Thanksgiving
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Walmart Black Friday: Here are the best deals you can find right now online