(CNN) — We’ve all had first-day-of-school jitters. For a four-year-old boy in Wisconsin, his bus driver was there to literally hold his hand.
Above, take a look at a picture captured by Axel’s mom, Amy Johnson.
Johnson wanted to mark the big day with a photo, but when Axel got on the bus, he started to cry.
That’s when the bus driver, Isabel Lane, pointed to a seat right behind her and said “Buddy, you got this and will have so much fun.”
Then, she stuck her hand behind her seat and he grabbed on.
By the time they got to the end of the road, he stopped crying.
Now, he loves going to school.
- Pregnant Virginia woman shot in the face, killed; man charged with murder
- Suspect arrested after Raleigh man shot at Fayetteville sports bar
- WATCH LIVE: Snow falling in Asheville
- What does ‘state of emergency’ mean for North Carolinians?
- ‘Now is the time to get ready,’ Gov. Cooper says ahead of Thursday’s snowstorm
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now