(CNN) — We’ve all had first-day-of-school jitters. For a four-year-old boy in Wisconsin, his bus driver was there to literally hold his hand.
Above, take a look at a picture captured by Axel’s mom, Amy Johnson.
Johnson wanted to mark the big day with a photo, but when Axel got on the bus, he started to cry.
That’s when the bus driver, Isabel Lane, pointed to a seat right behind her and said “Buddy, you got this and will have so much fun.”
Then, she stuck her hand behind her seat and he grabbed on.
By the time they got to the end of the road, he stopped crying.
Now, he loves going to school.
- 6-year-old arrested, has mug shot taken following school tantrum
- Woman dies after car split apart in Virginia crash
- California mayor calls Mexican sewage from Imperial Beach ‘international tragedy’
- Thousands attend La Fiesta del Pueblo in downtown Raleigh
- Lawyer champions migrant rights in a divided America
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now