MADISON, Wis. (NEXSTAR) – Scout, a golden retriever who recently beat cancer, will have the unique opportunity to say thanks to the veterinarians who saved his life. He’ll do it during a $6 million Super Bowl ad.
The University of Wisconsin’s School of Veterinary Medicine will be featured in the 30-second spot purchased by WeatherTech.
The star of the commercial is Scout, a golden retriever whose owner is the company’s founder and CEO David MacNeil.
Scout was diagnosed with an aggressive cancer last summer that left him with no more than a month to live.
The State Journal says MacNeil turned to the doctors at the school’s teaching hospital.
The ad follows Scout’s road to recovery and asks for donations to the school.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report)
- Wake County offices in Raleigh to close as security precaution
- IRS delays start of tax season to Feb. 12
- VIDEO: NC woman makes hot cocoa bombs to benefit local charity
- Wake County starting COVID-19 vaccine waitlist for 65+ individuals, healthcare workers
- NC mother turns to public to help find people who shot at family