RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — The North Carolina Department of Transportation’s contractor for the Capital Boulevard bridges project plans to close the southbound lanes of the boulevard from Johnson Street to Lane Street from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. each night this week and continue over the weekend from 9 p.m. Friday until 6 a.m. Monday.
These closures will allow the contractor to complete the installation of sanitary sewer lines beneath the roadway, a release said.
Drivers will be detoured from southbound Capital Boulevard onto Johnson Street, then south on Harrington Street to Jones Street.
The outside two lanes of northbound Capital Boulevard between Lane Street and Wade Avenue will also close from Friday at 9 p.m. until Monday at 6 a.m. for water line replacement work.
The closures are weather dependent and subject to change.
Drivers should allow extra time to navigate the detour route and pay extra attention while driving through the work zone.
- Report: USPS nears settlement with 19 states on election mail
- Keep your family happy and healthy with these kid-friendly essentials
- VIDEO: Confirmed tornado touches down in Myrtle Beach
- Planned protests spur several weekend Raleigh road closures, officials say
- Man shoots, kills his son, SC deputies say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now