Cash register to blame for early morning fire at Durham Home Goods store

News
Fire generic_28247

DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Fire officials say an issue with cash register was the cause of an early morning fire at the Home Goods store located in the 8200 block of Renaissance Parkway.

Firefighters responded to the store to find several alarms activating and heavy smoke coming from the front door.

Authorities say 32 firefighters, with the help a full sprinkler system, quickly extinguished the fire.

The entire store sustained heavy smoke and water damage.

No one was injured and no other stores were affected.

The store will remain closed until the damage is repaired.

For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.

Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Sponsored Content
Visit Buy Local

Trending Stories