Multiple CMPD officers took cover after shots were fired at them while attempting to pull over a vehicle in east Charlotte early Saturday morning.
Officers responded to calls regarding a car break-in around 4:30 a.m. near 800 Academy Street in the NoDa area. A vehicle matching the description given was found and CMPD says when they attempted to stop the vehicle, they were shot at.
The vehicle then fled. None of the officers involved were injured and they did not return fire.
CSI, peer support, and homicide detectives were all on the scene to assist.
This remains an active investigation.
- Proposed NC Senate budget includes provision limiting governor’s power during State of Emergency
- 2 NC deputies injured by ‘accidental discharge of a firearm’ during training event
- Dashcam video shows New Mexico deputy save child from choking
- Raleigh man gets $250,000 bond for possession of child porn, deputies say
- Child tax credits: IRS unveils tool to check eligibility, manage monthly payments