(WFLA) – If you’re looking for a name for your baby girl, you might want to look to the past.
Ancestry.com says baby girl names that were popular a long time ago are poised to make a comeback.
The online genealogy website says you pick one of these 10 names, your little girl will be unique because the names are not used much these days!
1. Betty: Popular through the 1930s and started to decline in 1940.
2. Ethel: A very popular name for girls in the 1890s before dropping to 80th most-popular in 1910.
3. Tammy: Extremely popular in the 1960s, but did not even make it into the top 200 in the 1990s.
4. Dorothy: This name was popular before the Wizard of Oz made its way onto the silver screen when it peaked at number 2 and has not even made it into the top 1,000 over the past 15 years.
5. Ida: A classic name in the 1880s before it declined rapidly.
6. Mildred: This name peaked in the 1910s and started to decline after the 1920s.
7.Edna: A popular name from the 1880s through the 1920s.
8. Gladys: This girl’s name was popular in the 1900s but dropped by the 1910s.
9. Florence: Popular for almost five decades before declining in the 1930s.
10. Bertha: This name was the 8th-most-popular female name during the entire 1880s.
Learn more about Ancestry.com here.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- ANTHONY BOURDAIN DEAD AT 61
- 13-YEAR-OLD DRIVING IN FATAL OHIO CRASH, OFFICIALS SAY
- ANOTHER MAN COMES FORWARD, SAYS HE WAS ASSAULTED BY SAME NC TROOPER DURING 2016 ARREST
- MOTHER OF WOMAN CHARGED WITH ABUSING PRE-TEEN RELIEVED FOR HER GRANDCHILDREN
- CREWS INSTALL LARGER CULVERTS AFTER SINKHOLE ALONG RALEIGH ROAD