A 100-pound mother of four from California ate seven stacked hamburgers in world-record time this past weekend at the Hwy 55 National Hamburger Eating competition in Raleigh.
Molly Schuyler broke her own record she set last year by 12 seconds.
She downed 3.5 pounds of hamburger in 1:25.
“I haven’t slept for four days and haven’t eaten in three,” said Schuyler before the competition.
She took home $2,500 after winning this year’s competition.
Hwy 55 is a Mount Olive-based retro-themed burger competition.
Their 55 Challenge sees who can eat seven stacked Hwy 55 burgers the fastest.
“Our 55 Challenge is important to the brand despite its 90% fail rate. It is not meant for the weary kind or faint of heart or belly. Molly is the brand’s biggest fan and the most spectacular eater phenom in the world. She simply continues to amaze,” said Hwy 55 president Kenney Moore.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- AMBER ALERT CANCELED AS VIRGINIA INFANT FOUND SAFE, FATHER ARRESTED
- 3 CHARGED AFTER ELDERLY WOMAN FOUND IN CONDEMNED SC HOME
- WAKE COUNTY SHERIFF RESPONDS AFTER MAN IN EXCESSIVE FORCE CASE CITED WITH ASSAULT
- 82ND AIRBORNE SOLDIER SHOT BY TROOPER DURING CONFRONTATION, OFFICIALS CONFIRM
- FIRE CAPTAIN COMFORTS BABY INVOLVED IN CRASH: THIS IS WHY I DO THE JOB