RICHMOND, Va. (WNCN) — 100-year-old Lloyd Falk is back home after spending nearly two months in the hospital.
Falk was admitted to Henrico Doctors’ Hospital in Richmond, Virginia on March 24 as one of the facility’s first COVID-19 patients.
Despite losing his wife of 74 years to the virus just a few weeks prior, Falk continued to fight and remained determined to beat the sickness.
Upon releasing Falk, a team of healthcare providers gave him a standing ovation and cheered him on as he was wheeled out of the hospital to continue rehabilitation.
“We salute you, Mr. Falk. Your courage and resilience inspires us all,” the hospital said in a Facebook post.
- White woman fired after backlash from racist Central Park confrontation
- Major I-440 ramps set to close overnight Wednesday for work, NCDOT says
- VIDEO: Russian planes fly close to US jet for more than 1 hour over Mediterranean Sea
- Man with torch disrupted outdoor church service in NC mountains, deputies say
- Victim remains in coma 3 months after career day plane crash in Cumberland County
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now