LA MIRADA, Calif. (CNN) – Jack Rico is only 13 years old, but he now has four associate’s degrees and will be continuing his education at the University of Nevada on a full scholarship.
Jack plans to pursue a bachelor’s degree in history, but it’s clear his future is wide open.
“I’m 13, so I don’t want to rush everything,” he said. “I’m still trying to figure it out, but I just want to focus on learning right now. That’s what I love to do.”
Jack entered college at the age of 11. He earned those four degrees in just two years.
When he’s not studying, Jack says he loves to play video games.
- Some NC restaurants say customers are not complying with the mask mandate
- Veteran dies of COVID-19 complications after posting on Facebook that he refused to wear a mask
- Black Lives Matter mural in front of Trump Tower vandalized
- Faculty asks UNC System to move all classes online during COVID-19 pandemic
- Feds offer $5,000 reward after guns stolen from Walmart in Fayetteville
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now