(CNN) — “No bunny knows Easter better than Cadbury,” and “Lieutenant Dan” the dog hopes to be the 2020 face of that famous mammal.
Cadbury issued a casting call for all pets, not just bunnies, and now they are down to 10 finalists.
The New Richmond, Ohio coonhound, is named after the character in Forrest Gump, who lost his legs in combat.
His owner says Lieutenant Dan was born a little different, but he still lives his life to the fullest.
Interestingly, none of the finalists are actual rabbits.
Besides Lieutenant Dan, there’s a mini-horse, a pig, a llama, hamster, duck and two cats.
The popular Easter candy brand started the promotion 30 years ago with a commercial about a clucking bunny.
Fans have the chance to vote on Cadbury’s website.
Besides being the star of a new TV commercials, the winner gets $5,000.
- 1 lane of Durham Freeway to close for multiple days due to bridge work
- Two men charged for moving barricades to gain access to SC beach
- SC senate candidate, bulletproof vest charity CEO charged with incest, rape
- AMBER Alert update: Tampa police arrest triple homicide suspect from Georgia
- Trump: federal PPE stockpile nearly depleted
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now