A 2-year-old from Canton, Ohio has gained widespread attention for his Halloween costume. Brantley Morse, who has cerebral palsy and uses a walker, will be Carl from “Up” for Halloween. He may be dressed as a cartoon curmudgeon, but Brantley’s laughter is infectious.
Dressed as an old man, Brantley looked just like the animated character from the Disney and Pixar movie — and he had the film’s signature balloons tied to his walker. The look was complete with Brantley’s own glasses.
The toddler was born four months premature, weighing just 1 pound, 11 ounces. In addition to cerebral palsy, he had many complications including stage 3 kidney disease, a chronic lung disease and gastroparesis.
He spent the first six months of his life in the NICU at Akron Children’s Hospital, where he proved he was a fighter. Now, Brantley’s parents are happy to report on his progress, a rep for the children’s hospital told CBS News.
He will still face many challenges, but Brantley’s facing them with a smile on his face, as the photos of his Halloween costume show.
- Playing through! Nearly 10-foot-long alligator strolls across Florida golf course
- Hackers targeting hospitals amid COVID-19 case surge, FBI warns
- Falcons prevail in back-and-forth divisional battle versus Panthers
- Man seriously injured after being shot during carjacking in Fayetteville, police say
- NC doesn’t require districts to notify parents, staff when COVID-19 cases pop up
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now