SPOKANE, Wash. (WNCN) — A new apple that growers say stays fresh for a year is now on sale.
Growers in Washington state spent the last 20 years — and $40 million — perfecting the “Cosmic Crisp” apple.
The apple is a mix of Enterprise and Honeycrisp apples.
Supposedly, it’s acid level keeps it from turning brown as quickly as other apples.
They’re only available in Washington stores right now, but they should be available nationwide at the beginning of 2020.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- President Trump releases full CBS ’60 Minutes’ interview ahead of air date
- Here’s the story behind that viral video of Joe Biden hugging a Parkland shooting victim’s child
- The final Biden-Trump presidential debate: What to know, how to watch
- 2 arrested in connection with nearly 40 catalytic converter thefts across Raleigh
- Chick-fil-A sauces coming to stores in Georgia
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now