SPOKANE, Wash. (WNCN) — A new apple that growers say stays fresh for a year is now on sale.
Growers in Washington state spent the last 20 years — and $40 million — perfecting the “Cosmic Crisp” apple.
The apple is a mix of Enterprise and Honeycrisp apples.
Supposedly, it’s acid level keeps it from turning brown as quickly as other apples.
They’re only available in Washington stores right now, but they should be available nationwide at the beginning of 2020.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Aho scored twice to lead Hurricanes past Edmonton, 6-3
- ‘We need some help’ – Raleigh firefighter urges NC lawmakers to pass cancer bill
- Johnston County school board member alleges ‘corruption and deception’ in $8.8M budget shortfall
- VIDEO: 3-year-old girl inside sedan carjacked at NC Walmart
- Fort Bragg access point reopens after ‘security incident’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now