SPOKANE, Wash. (WNCN) — A new apple that growers say stays fresh for a year is now on sale.
Growers in Washington state spent the last 20 years — and $40 million — perfecting the “Cosmic Crisp” apple.
The apple is a mix of Enterprise and Honeycrisp apples.
Supposedly, it’s acid level keeps it from turning brown as quickly as other apples.
They’re only available in Washington stores right now, but they should be available nationwide at the beginning of 2020.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Musicians join forces to raise money for Chapel Hill venue during pandemic
- Semi-truck crashes into house in Florida
- Body found near railroad tracks turns out to be sex doll
- Friends say 3 from same family killed in Wake County
- 6-year-old boy saves younger sister from charging dog
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now