SPOKANE, Wash. (WNCN) — A new apple that growers say stays fresh for a year is now on sale.
Growers in Washington state spent the last 20 years — and $40 million — perfecting the “Cosmic Crisp” apple.
The apple is a mix of Enterprise and Honeycrisp apples.
Supposedly, it’s acid level keeps it from turning brown as quickly as other apples.
They’re only available in Washington stores right now, but they should be available nationwide at the beginning of 2020.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 40 Johnston County Public Schools employees receive 1st dose of COVID-19 vaccine
- Trump extends Secret Service protection to 14 family members, reports say
- More than 43,000 sign up for Wake County’s COVID-19 vaccine waitlist
- Registered sex offender arrested on 30 child sex crime charges in Moore County
- On day 1, Biden to undo Trump policies on climate, virus