(WNCN) — A 6-year-old boy is being hailed as a hero after he survived multiple dog bites while getting his younger sister out of harm’s way.
In an Instagram post shared by the boy’s aunt, 6-year-old Bridger quite possibly saved his sister’s life by standing in between her and a charging dog.
Bridger’s aunt, known as Nikki Walker (@nicolenoelwalker) on Instagram says that he was bit several times on the face and in the head.
Walker says after he was bitten several times, he grabbed his sister’s hand and ran with her to keep her safe.
He later told his aunt “if someone had to die, I thought it should be me,” according to the Instagram post.
Bridger reportedly received more than 90 stitches and is back at home resting.
- Habitat for Humanity Wake County volunteers build home for a family in less than a month
- Police seek IDs of 4 involved in ‘criminal activity’ in Roxboro, officers say
- Carr overcomes injuries and rough start, leads Saints past Panthers 28-6
- Man shot at least 2 times at Raleigh intersection; several homes hit by stray bullets, police say
- Cleanup efforts underway in Garner after tornado tears through neighborhood