BIRMINGHAM, Al. (CNN Newsource) — A little boy in Birmingham decided to celebrate his 9th birthday by handing out cold water during a hot day.
For most kids a birthday means presents, cake — maybe even a party.
But, Nathaniel Cade — isn’t like “most kids”.
For his 9th birthday, he wanted to do something a little different. He wanted to give back.
Nathaniel used some of his birthday money to buy water for the homeless and passed it out around his hometown.
“Helping others might make you happy and them happy,” Cade said.
Nathaniel is no stranger to helping others as his family says they partner with various organizations in the area.
- Man arrested after trying to use band-aids to fix flat tire
- Trump revives suggestion he’d end birthright citizenship
- Naked man dies following high-speed pursuit in Tennessee
- U.S. athletes punished for protesting at Pan American Games
- Trump moves to end limits on detention of migrant children
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now