SHREVEPORT, La. (CNN Newsource) – Can you lift 230 lbs? If the answer is no, you’re about to hear about a 9-year-old who is stronger than you.
Tate Fegley decided to start lifting weights about 18 months ago. Since then, he’s been working out every morning. So far, he’s broken seven records in his weight class.
Three of them in a single day.
Tate can bench press 92 lbs., squat 190 lbs., and dead lift 230 lbs. He says he never set out to break records, he just liked the sport.
“I just loved watching them work out and lifting the weights,” said Fegley.
Peyton Grey, Tate’s trainer, said, “He works ridiculously hard. And it’s very motivating to see. And I think that’s 99 percent of his progress, is how hard this young man works.”
Tate is heading to Florida this summer to try to win a national championship.
- Woman arrested after man fatally shot at Raleigh apartment complex
- 2,805 new COVID-19 cases reported Saturday
- Salt Life co-founder arrested after teen found dead in hotel room
- US shatters daily COVID record with nearly 100,000 new cases
- Is Trump or Biden winning? 5 clues from early voting
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now