BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – A classic candy is making a comeback.
Necco Wafers are headed back to store shelves.
On Thursday, the Spangler Candy Company announced that the flavored discs will return. Spangler purchased the brand two years ago and has been working on its return. They should be in major drug stores across the nation in June.
Necco Wafers were created in 1847.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Gov. Cooper says info about NC school reopening plans to come Tuesday
- Time to make masks mandatory? It’s not just a US debate
- 4 charged in murder of rapper Pop Smoke
- Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter pose in face masks, call on public to save lives
- Bus driver beaten to death after asking passengers to wear face masks
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now