FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — An Arkansas Walmart is being used as a test location to launch all self-checkout registers at its store.
A Walmart spokesperson said Walmart Supercenter Store #359 in Fayetteville is currently removing all of its traditional belt lines to replace them with self-checkout registers.
There will be no cashiers at the location.
Walmart says there will still be employees in the store to assist customers who need or want additional help checking out.
The goal is to speed up the process of checking out with less interaction, the spokesperson said.
- Trump calls top US general a ‘f—— idiot’ during speech at Mar-a-Lago
- NC woman arrested after preparing to smoke marijuana live on Facebook
- All northbound lanes in section of major Durham road shut down following crash
- Duke experts discuss holiday plans and travel amid new COVID-19 variant
- ‘I just want my daughter back,’ mom tells crowd at vigil after teen killed in Raleigh hit and run