FOREST, Miss. (AP) — Law enforcement officers who pulled a driver over for a traffic violation in Mississippi allegedly discovered about 37 pounds of methamphetamine hidden inside a spare tire stashed in the vehicle.
The Scott County Sheriff’s Office and the Flowood Police Department stopped a pickup truck along an interstate near Flowood early this month after spotting it driving in a “careless manner,” according to the agencies.
An officer conducting the stop discovered a tire in the bed of the truck, and inside it, an assisting deputy found 37.5 pounds (17 kilograms) of methamphetamine worth an estimated street value of $350,000, WLBT-TV reported, citing the authorities.
- Raleigh mayor lifts city-wide curfew set ahead of planned protests
- Original James Bond actor Sean Connery dies at 90
- Durham’s Riverside High School sports teams resume practices
- Man dies after he’s hit by vehicle in Fayetteville, police say
- Raleigh’s ‘Ghost Guild’ sees spike in reports of paranormal activity amid pandemic
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now